Sunday, October 21, 2012

What am I thinking?

Got up early this morning, picked up Richard and headed to the Majestic for breakfast.

I explained to him about the Louise Taylor structure and that I needed his help in loading it into my truck to take to my house. That I wanted to keep it there until I could figure out what to do with it. He didn't say anything. He's known me 20 years and has learned to expect anything.

We headed over to Somerset Terrace then Angier Spring Road where there is still access to the Beltline.
Pulled my truck down close to where it was in the bushes and we loaded up the first load. There were several folks out this morning but no one seemed to care what we were doing...after all we were just hauling off debris. Took the first load over to my house and picked up the second load which included Louise's chair. I am so happy it is still intact. Most of the structure has been compromised but can be put back together with a few new supports. I just really didn't want anything to happen to this for whatever reason.



So much of my work for the past 20 years has dealt with death, loss and remembering so I feel compelled to keep this until I know more.

So much of Atlanta history has gone by the wayside. Just since I have been here, I remember Ponce de Leon Avenue quite differently than it is today. So if this does have some historical significance, I will try to preserve this relic.

The rest of the day was spent relaxing. It just doesn't get much better than Atlanta in October. I can relax much easier now that I know the Louise Taylor structure is in my back yard.....in pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment